Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vicky Donor Ayushmann, hot Chitrangada Singh to host IIFA Rocks 2012

VJ-turned-actor Ayushmann Khurrana and actress Chitrangada Singh are set to turn host of IIFA Rocks, a fashion and music night, to be held in Singapore as part of the 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) weekend and awards and the duo is quite excited.

Chitrangada Singh

"I have not done anything like that before, something that (Ayushmann) does really well. I am so glad that he is with me on stage. I know he is going to take care of all the times I slip-up while hosting the show," Chitrangada told reporters Wednesday at PVR Director's Cut in Ambience Mall Vasant Kunj here.



Though Ayushmann has anchored various shows, he is excited that he would be sharing the stage with the actress he has admired for long.

"Its a bit awkward moment when you meet a person you find extremely good-looking, you see that person right in front of you in real flesh and blood. She is an actress of all seasons," quipped Ayushmann, who is riding high on the success of his debut film "Vicky Donor".
 
Ayushmann Khurrana Vicky Donor

"This is going to be my first time at IIFA. I have hosted many shows before but this is the biggest of all. I'm going to keep it spontaneous. I don't think I'll be performing on stage but I might sing," he added.

IIFA Rocks is held a day before the main awards ceremony. Organised by Wizcraft International Entertainment, the IIFA Weekend and awards will be held in Singapore June 7-9.

Those performing at the fashion and musical night include Mika Singh, Neha Dhupia and music composer duo Vishal-Shekhar. Singers Usha Uthup, Hariharan and Leslie Lewis will celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema at the event. 

Sonu Sood's cop drama "Maximum" will be showcased at the event. Directed by Kabeer Kaushik, it also stars Neha and Naseeruddin Shah.

Filmmaker Dibaker Banerjee's political thriller "Shanghai" will have its world premiere at the IIFA Weekend.

Shanghai Hindi movie poster

"I am thrilled that my film will be premiered in Singapore. It is an event where all the glitter, all the goodness of Bollywood come together. I see it as something positive. It shows that Bollywood has a large heart and it has got a place for everybody," said the filmmaker.

The event will also have fashion shows by designers Varun Bahl, Suneet Verma and Masaba. 

"My collection would be super glamorous, I am trying bling for the very first time. I am really looking forward to the show," said Masaba.

Masaba

Varma added: "It's my 25th year in the world of fashion and it's a wonderful way to celebrate it with Bollywood." 

His collection 'The Eternal Lightness of Being, to Love, to Hold, to Kiss' will be presented in association with Gitanjali Jewels.


You may also be interested in:

Hot 'n sultry Chitrangada now in an item number!
Chitrangada Singh in Desi Boyz
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan fat
'Vicky Donor' Movie Review




Courtesy: IANS

1 comment: