Monday, October 15, 2012

Student of the Year cast launches Filmfare October issue

Directed & co-produced by ace director Karan Johar, Student of the Year movie releases this friday. Therefore, Karan Johar is busy promoting his movie Student of the Year &amp along with his Students everywhere.

Student of the Year actors Siddharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt, and Varun Dhawan with director Karan Johar were spotted at the launch of Filmfare Magazine latest October issue cover page in Mumbai.


 Model turned actor Siddharth Malhotra claimed,"My Mum used to read Filmfare & she used to tell me all the gossip but later on I realised whatever you read all is not true. But its a dream come true to do a Filmfare cover before your first film releases actually. Thank you, Jitesh."



Though Siddharth is bit nervous because among the three hes the only one from non-filmy background. But he admitted all three of them have put in equal amounts of hard work in the movie.



Karan applaused his students and complimented how all three of them was evolving with each press conference and the way their confidence level had improved. Who is your favorite Student?


Alia & Varun's parents are gratified and excited that their kids are being launched by one of the country's biggest film production house, Dharma Productions. Mahesh Bhatt and David Dhawan want to watch Student of the Year movie like the normal audience would.



While addressing the press Alia Bhatt alleged, "I have grown up reading Filmfare, reading who's doing what & all the gossip. Jitesh is the one who made me feel beautiful, and who always made me feel so fab, I would really say I owe it to the Filmfare the confidence that I have pulled up for the cover."



"Coming from a film family I have read Filmfare while growing up. And always when I would see big heroes & heroines on Filmfare ok I would like to be on the cover of Filmfare. For other people their dream would be to come on covers of illustruous magazines but for me the most important was the shoot of Filmfare & promotions of Student of the Year film." announced Varun Dhawan


Karan Johar shakes a booty with his Students, looks like the Jhalak Dikhla Ja hangover is still there :)

It was good to see how Siddharth, Alia &Varun let each other speak and kept on passing the mic. Gave each other enough time and addressed the paparazzi without any stumble or fumble or stuttering. Good grooming by Karan Johar!


 Alia Bhatt asserted, "My sister cries every time she sees me on TV. My father didn't know what the story is about, what the character is? He wants to see the movie just like the audience would. When I wake up every morning I sing 'Disco Deewane, my father is like I didn't know you are a dancer, I didn't know you could dance, when did you learn all this? So I think he's shocked with the whole thing thats happening. I get very overwhelmed with his reaction"





Karan Johar affirmed, "Jitesh is one of my closest friends. Jitesh's heart and soul remains the same, knowing him I have always given him the objectivity to judge my cinema which he always does. And has been critical and has praised it where required. And I think thats imperative being a member of the media you have to keep friendship & professionalism aside. Conversing with him is always wonderful whether its personal issues or professional ones. The first Filmfare Awad that I won for my debut movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is the only award in my bedroom. Because it was the one award which I always wanted to win & I had the speech prepared since I was 10 years old. I think to me launching the Students everywhere has been an emotional as well as imperative experience. Bringing them to the house of Filmfare is more emotional than imperative."


This is Karan's first movie sans Shahrukh Khan though the movie is co-produced by Dharma Productions & Red Chillies Entertainment.  



Are you too delighted about Student of the Year movie? Will SOTY be a hit or miss?




(Contributed by: Suchi Goyal)
(Images Courtesy: IANS.in) 



2 comments:

  1. hi. thanks for sharing the interesting stuff. quite excited to catch p the movie.

    Bollywood Gossip

    ReplyDelete
  2. well not much successful as Karan's movie other movie in which Shahrukh did excellent.
    Friday Release

    ReplyDelete